Salvage Support Services
Providing global 24-hour response capability to the international maritime community
Braemar Howells offers a global marine salvage support service to the maritime community. Our extensive track record in salvage support has seen our involvement in significant salvage incidents including the Christos Bitos, Borga, Sea Empress, Ever Decent, Fedra, New Flame, Napoli, Yeoman Bontrup and the Rena. Our salvage support capabilities are supported by our sister companies within Braemar Shipping Services, which enable us to call on the assistance of marine architects, surveyors and other experts to deliver a comprehensive support service in a salvage situation.
Marine salvage support services include, but are not limited to;
- Oil spill response equipment deployment and support
- HNS response and guidance
- Pollution prevention and mitigation
- Deep cleaning before abandonment
- Distressed cargo discharging and handling ashore
- Distressed cargo surveys and documentation
- Marine engineering, naval architecture and subsea solutions
- Underwater search and survey
- Detection, identification and recovery of submerged cargo and containers
- Environmental classification and economical disposal of hazardous and waste materials
Containment, handling and treatment of distressed cargo to maximise environmental protection as well as cargo value.